The Epic Credentialed Trainer (CT) supports the Epic Electronic Medical Record (EMR) implementation training program. The CT’s primary responsibility is to conduct classes for Epic end users, provide refresher classes for end users who need additional education, and provide support to providers and staff within personalization labs, as well as at-the-elbow support during go-live.
Include, but are not limited to:
- Successfully complete Credentialing Program.
- Deliver classroom and virtual training to end users.
- Record and edit lessons in video format.
- Prepare lesson plans, including methods, materials, and documentation to be presented in classroom and other training settings.
- Responsible for the set up and break down of the training classes they are scheduled to facilitate, including inventorying and distributing participant supplies. May also include basic disinfecting of a classroom after each class.
- Responsible for quality control, including administering a proficiency assessment and class evaluation at the end of each session.
- Support end users in person and via phone along with ticket resolution, act as a subject matter expert in the technical/functional area of the content.
- Effectively use and support management of the Epic training environments including educating end-users on changes, reviewing release notes, and preparing for and implementing planned upgrades.
- Understand and interpret clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology to translate information into educationally sound training content.
- Validate training tools which support the ongoing education of system users.
- Support continuous improvement by developing and transferring Epic application expertise to teammates, encourage team cooperation to successfully carry out team initiatives.
- Follow established program and departmental policies, procedures, and technical standards; and related duties as assigned.
- Support the overall training program to ensure a successful Epic go-live.
About Pivot Point Consulting:
Pivot Point Consulting, 2020 Best in KLAS: Overall IT Services Firm, enables healthcare, organizations to realize the most value from their technology and data through our Advisory, Implementation, Optimization, Managed Services and Talent Solutions. We work with providers, payers and life sciences organizations and have 450+ employees serving over 85 clients across the U.S.
Pivot Point Consulting has earned many industry and workplace quality awards including:
- Best in KLAS: Overall IT Services Firm (2020)
- Top Three Best in KLAS for HIT Implementation and Support (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Highest Rated Vendor in KLAS Implementation Services in the Select Category (2017)
- #1 in KLAS for Epic Consulting in the Select Category (2016)
- #9 in Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work (2016)
Epic®, Community Connect®, Cerner®, Siemens®, Allscripts®, MEDITECH®, McKesson®, Centricity®, eClinicalWorks®, NextGen® CPSI®, MEDHOST®, athenahealth®, Greenway®, Workday®, Lawson/Infor®, Peoplesoft®, SAP®, Kronos® and Facets®.